I want to reclaim my fastest ODI century record: Afridi

KARACHI: 
Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi said in an interview that he will try to regain his fastest ODI century record in the upcoming 2015 World Cup while praising AB de Villiers’ heroics

Afridi, who has already announced his retirement from ODIs after the World Cup, said that on his special day he will try to better the 31-ball record set by South African skipper.
“You never plan out to set such records. It just happens when you have a very special day and your confidence is sky high,” said Afridi.
“If everything works out for me and it is my special day than I will try to improve the record set by Ab de Villers in New Zealand or in the World Cup.”
He added that de Villiers innings was that of a true champion.
“He played like a champion to get the record and it was his special day,” he said.
The 34-year-old said he was never prepared to set a world record for the fastest century while playing the tri-series in Nairobi.
“It just happened that day it was my special day and everything clicked. I hope I get another special day in the coming World Cup if it can happen I will try to get back the record of which I was always proud.
“But realistically speaking, I know that at the number I come to bat at these days one can score a half century but it is really difficult to get a hundred, but you never know it could my special day,” he said.
He also commented on the changed ODI rules and said that in the near future targets of 400 could be chased easily.
“After the rule changes in 50 overs cricket and with the popularity of T20 cricket things are now tilted in the favor of batsmen and in coming days we could see even totals of 400 go down easily.
“Limited overs cricket has really changed dramatically in the last couple of years.”

Comments